Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lots of growth. . . MAJOR SHRINKAGE!


I did my BC (big chop, i.e., cutting off all relaxed hair and leaving only natural hair) in October 2008 after transitioning for about 5 months.  My hair stylist cut nine inches of relaxed hair and only three inches of hair were left.  I have experienced good growth and have not had a hair cut since then, although I have dusted (minimally trimmed 1/4 to 1/2 inch) the ends while I had it in small double strand twists.  These photos show the length of my hair when it is stretched out by me pulling it.  I am trying to grow it at this stage to APL (arm pit length) and am getting close :)  I have major shrinkage as you may see.  I sprayed my hair with my homemade leave in spray then finger picked it into an afro.  When my hair gets wet, it shrinks a lot after it dries!   It doesn't bother me, though.  I love my curly/coily hair and its texture gives me lots of options for styling.

What do you feel about shrinkage?  Do you experience a lot of it when your hair dries?  Please leave your comments and also take my poll that will be open until December 31, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment